Flogton, at your course
How can golf courses wrap their arms around Flogton? Let us count the ways.
- Customers' eyes will light up when you point out that your course is Flogton friendly. Give them information about the games and formats and they will be off and running.
- Flogton players could fill tee times late on a Saturday afternoon, or play an emergency nine. Make them welcome -- bonus green fees!
- Flogton players can be paired with golfers. Just let both parties know the other is playing a different game and ask each to be courteous to the other.
- Relax your dress code. The no-jeans rule is antiquated and alienates young people for whom that is the daily uniform.
- Pitch Flogton to your tournament groups. It can be a great equalizer in groups with vast handicap ranges.
- Use Flogton to transition new golfers onto the golf course. They still need to be taught the fundamentals of the golf swing, but they needn't worry so much about learning that whole book of rules. The Flogton instructions (not even really rules yet) fit on one page.
- Flogton encourages players to video each other on the course. You in turn could market a special package that encourages players to turn their video into an effective half-hour lesson with your teaching pros.
- Send an email blast to your players and invite them out for nine holes "for the rest of us" -- with a buffet and a drink at the end.
- Give players willing to try Flogton a sleeve of nonconforming balls.
- Be aware of Flogton, approve of Flogton, encourage players to try Flogton, invite players to try Flogton.
- Contact the AGA for help in promoting Flogton at your course.
What other ideas do you have for promoting and nurturing Flogton at golf courses everywhere? Share your ideas here!